Rebuilding a town 95% destroyed by a tornado as a Green Town, a town of the future
- Categories: environmental
- Address: 402 S. Sycamore St. Map
- City, State: Greensburg, Kansas Country: United States Postal Code: 67054
- Phone: 620-723-2790 Fax: Not Available
- WebSite: http://greensburggreentown.org
- Email: Greenburg GreenTown Contact: Catherine Hart
Greensburg GreenTown is a charitable nonprofit organization working in Greensburg, Kansas to rebuild the town following the devastating tornado in May of 2007, which destroyed over 90% of the homes and buildings. The town has made a remarkable comeback, reinventing itself as a model for sustainable building and green living now recognized around the world. GreenTown works to make green building and living easily understood, appealing and accessible to all.
Greensburg was the first city to approve a resolution that all city building projects over 4,000 square feet would be built to LEED Platinum level standards.
Greensburg is a fascinating eco-tourism destination, with dozens of tourable projects, a community wind farm, guided tours, and green bed and breakfast facilities. Please contact us at info(at)greensburggreentown.org or 620-723-2790 for more info.
- Online Ordering: No
No comments yet
your comment about Greenburg GreenTown
Solicitations Will Not be Added