Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents, Teachers
Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents and Teachers - English, Spanish
- Categories: books , counseling
- Address: Merchant St Map
- City, State: Newark, New Jersey Country: United States Postal Code: 07105
- Phone: 212-501-2028 Fax: Not Available
- WebSite: http://northeastbookspublishing.net/ADHD_Books_Overcoming_ADHD_Without_Medication.html
- Email: Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents, Teachers Contact: John Samuels
Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents and Teachers is now available in English and Spanish.
Some of the features include:
- Causes and symptoms of ADHD
- Medications, their effects and side effects
- Lifestyle changes for improving symptoms of ADHD
- Diet and ADHD
- Developing positive coping skills
- Recommended reading and resources
- Parent's ADHD and mental health Checklist
- Charts and graphs
- Extensive research and bibliography
- Fully indexed
The reader will gain a good understanding of the causes and symptoms of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), as well as benefit from a discussion of the controversy of psychiatric labeling and medicinal treatment surrounding ADHD.
Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents and Teachers outlines natural methods for treating ADHD, most of which center on lifestyle changes.
Lifestyle changes and natural methods include:
- Green therapy
- Art and art therapy
- Less screen time (television, movies, video games)
- Positive changes in music for children
- One-on-one attention
- Positive parenting
- Coaching, tutoring and mentoring
You will accurately learn of the side effects of psychiatric drugs for ADHD, with a realistic description of what stimulant drugs can and cannot do. The discussion on psychiatric drugs is well-documented and referenced. The reader is provided further resources in a Recommended Reading section. Additional information from numerous professional sources is also included.
You may obtain ADHD books featuring all-natural methods from the Association for Youth, Chidlren and Natural Psychology in English and Spanish.
Supplemental material from professional sources is of much value to parents and teachers: Daniella Barroqueira, PhD, Illinois State University on positive affect of art on ADHD; David Rabiner, PhD, Duke University, on ADHD and medication, childhood depression; Music, teens, school and depression; Iowa State University on affect of violent video games on aggression and ADHD symptoms; examining the question of cancer and stimulant medications for ADHD.
- Online Ordering: Yes
No comments yet
your comment about Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents, Teachers
Solicitations Will Not be Added