Turtle Ridge Co-op, Inc/Mill River Valley Gardens CSA
Community Supported Agriculture
- Categories: CSA(Community Supported Agr) /Buying Club
- Address: 3600 Ridge Rd Map
- City, State: North Haven, Connecticut Country: United States Postal Code: 06473
- Phone: 203-691-1966 Second Phone: 203-271-2890 Fax: On File
- WebSite: http://www.turtleridgecooperative.org
- Email: Turtle Ridge Co-op, Inc/Mill River Valley Gardens CSA Contact: Mary Ann Nelson
Mill River Gardens is Connecticut’s oldest Community Supported Agriculture(CSA). We provide organic and sustainably grown vegetables to our member shareholders in the Greater New Haven area. We are a working farm and share the labor burden with our farmer. Since 1989, members have enjoyed working the fields with our farmer to plant, weed and harvest vegetables.
At the end of 2011 our long time farmer and landholder decided to retire. This left us with the challenge of quickly finding a quality source of vegetables that would continue to meet the needs of our members.
We are currently partnering with a farm in Prospect that shares our vision of providing high quality, environmentally friendly and healthy produce. We continue to work the farm with the new farmers obtain fruit from High Hill Orchard in Meriden to supplement our weekly shares.
For the 2012 season, we will be offering 18 share outs beginning in mid June. There are three tiers of membership based on the amount of labor a shareholder agrees to perform for the CSA. We are are looking to expand our membership, so if you have questions about the CSA or want to sign up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Ordering: No
No comments yet
your comment about Turtle Ridge Co-op, Inc/Mill River Valley Gardens CSA
Solicitations Will Not be Added