The Witjuti label specialises in design & manufacture of Bamboo Clothing,
- Categories: mens / womens clothing & accessories
- Address: Po Box 124 Map
- City, State: Collaroy NSW 2097, Country: Australia Postal Code:
- Phone: 1300 723 066 Second Phone: +61 435542090 Fax: Not Available
- WebSite: http://www.Witjuti.com
- Email: Witjuti.com
Witjuti (pronounced “wicheddy”) comes from Witjuti Grub and is the Indigenous spelling of the Australian Larvae – Witchetty Grub or Witchety Grub. The Witjuti Grub lives in the roots of some acacia trees and particularly in the roots of the Witchetty Bush, found in Central Australia. As it is symbolic of natural Australia and it only seems natural for an Australian clothing label to be called Witjuti.
Witjuti Bamboo Clothing is made using 95% Viscose/Rayon from Organic bamboo and 5% Spandex.
- Eco Friendly
- Anti Bacterial
- Hypo Allergenic
- Bamboo fabric is softer and more breathable than cotton.
- Bamboo fabric feels just like silk or cashmere.
- Bamboo has natural moisture wicking, anti-bacterial, and anti-odour properties
- Bamboo grows quickly, without chemicals, sucks up a lot of carbon dioxide and releases more oxygen than trees, and it does not use up water resources.
- Bamboo is grown pesticide free, herbicide free, GMO free
- Bamboo is 100% biodegradable, so bamboo garments can be composted.
- Bamboo fabric is kind to the skin, especially eczema sufferers and those with sensitive skin. No complaints of any itching or irritation caused by wool or hemp, this is because, bamboo fibres naturally do not have any sharp spurs like these two fibres’.
- Bamboo clothing is wrinkle resistant.
- Bamboo clothing has Thermo regulating properties making it wearable in every season. It is cool in summers and warm in winters.
- Where does the bamboo come from?
- Most of the bamboo used to make bamboo fibre and bamboo clothing is grown in the Sichuan Province, China. Holding the patent for the process of turning bamboo into fibre this facility produces all of the bamboo viscose on the market. The bamboo out of this region is certified organic by OCIA (The Organic Crop Improvement Association). This means they ensure each bamboo stalk is of 100% natural growth and without any chemical pesticides. The proof of the ecologically sound methods behind bamboo production is the fact that all of the fibre produced at the facility in China is Oeko-Tex 100 certified, see below, this certifies that the finished fibre has been tested for any chemicals that may be harmful to a person’s health and has been found to contain no trace chemicals that pose any health threat whatsoever. The farm where the bamboo is grown is certified by the OCIA and the bamboo crops are certified by the USDA organic seal.
Witjuti’s bamboo suppliers are certified:
What chemicals are used in the processing of witjuti’s viscose/rayon from organic bamboo and are they hazardous?
The main chemical used in the processing rayon/viscose from organic bamboo is sodium hydroxide also known as caustic soda. Caustic soda is a widely used chemical in the world. It is used in food production, soap making, paper production, and is used in the wet processing on nearly all cotton fabrics (including organic cotton). While caustic soda is a strong chemical it poses no health hazard if used and disposed of properly. Is Rayon/Viscose from organic bamboo considered “green” or “eco-friendly”? The production of rayon/viscose from organic bamboo can be improved, and research is underway to improve the process. If we compare it with cotton then to grow conventional cotton 25% of the total pesticides used in the world are consumed that are harmful to the environment.
The facts on if bamboo is “green”:
- Bamboo is grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- Bamboo requires no irrigation.
- Bamboo grows rapidly and can be harvested in 3-5 years.
- Bamboo plant absorbs 35% more carbon dioxide than the other equal trees
- Bamboo is a critical element in the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Bamboo is an excellent soil erosion inhibitor.
- Bamboo is 100% biodegradable
- Online Ordering: Yes
No comments yet
your comment about Witjuti.com
Solicitations Will Not be Added