Let the #ConsumerRevolution begin!
The political system has failed us in the fight to label GMOs. It's time to take our battle to the marketplace.
Download the Buycott App and subscribe to our “Pro-GMO? Or Pro-Right to Know?” campaign to help you choose products that both regenerate your health, and the environment, and reject brands owned by corporations that lobbied against GMO labeling.
Once you've joined the campaign, you can use this app to scan food products in order to learn who the parent company of each brand is, and where that company stands in the GMO labeling fight.
If you don't have a smartphone, you can still join the campaign online here.
How to install Buycott, and sign up for the “Pro-GMO? Or Pro-Right to Know?” campaign on an iPhone:
1. On your phone, you can use this link to download the app or go to the “App Store.”
2. Search for “Buycott.”
3. Tap “Get” next to the Buycott listing.
4. After the app downloads, tap “Install.”
5. Enter your Apple ID password (if prompted).
6. Once Buycott is installed, tap “Open.”
How to install Buycott, and sign up for the “Pro-GMO? Or Pro-Right to Know?” campaign on an Android phone:
1. On your phone, you can use this link to download the app or go the “Play Store.”
2. Search for “Buycott.”
3. Tap “Install.”
4. When prompted to give Buycott permissions, choose “Accept.”
5. Wait for the app to download.
6. When the download is done, tap “Open.”
How to set up your Buycott account (Android and iPhone):
1. Follow the on-screen introduction.
2. Sign up for a new account (or sign in if you already have a Buycott account).
3. Tap “OK” on the welcome screen.
4. Choose the “Pro-GMO? Or Pro-Right to Know?” campaign (This campaign should show up as a featured campaign. If you don’t see it, you can use the “explore” function to search for it).
5. Tap “Join Now” on the campaign introduction page.
6. Drag the “Campaign Support Level” bar all the way to the right (toward “Strong”).
7. When asked “Would you like to receive updates on your campaign?” tap “Sure.”
8. When asked if you would like to allow Buycott to send you notifications, tap “OK.” This allows us to notify you with important info about companies and brands who need to hear from consumers.
9. You have now successfully installed Buycott on your iPhone, and signed up for our “Pro-GMO? Or Pro-Right to Know?” campaign. You can now use the app to scan the barcode on a product and see if it is produced by a company that supports, or opposes GMO labeling.
How to scan a barcode (Android and iPhone):
1. Open the Buycott App
2. Tap the green icon in the center at the bottom of the screen
3. When asked if you want to allow Buycott to access your phone’s camera, tap “OK.”
4. Scan a barcode by holding it up to your phone’s camera. Tap the screen to focus.
5. A screen will come up telling you if you are supporting (green) or avoiding (red) the company that produced the product. If the item you scan is not in our campaign, it will say “No Personal Conflicts.”
6. In the center of the screen you are asked “Will you buy this product?” tap “Yes” or “No” to send the company a message.
7. Once you Tap “Yes” or “No,” you will be prompted to fill out a form to send a message to the company. First, you must choose our campaign message. To do this, tap “Select a Campaign Message” and choose “Pro-GMO? Or Pro-Right to Know?” Then tap “Paste Campaign Message” (green). Then choose which platform you want to use to send the message. You can choose one, or all three: Facebook, Twitter, and Email. Then tap “Send.”