January 26, 2011
For related articles
and more information, please visit OCA's Maryland News page .
Following notification from its supplier, State Garden, Giant Food of Landover, Md. has announced a voluntary recall of several Nature's Promise organic bagged salad items due to the potential for listeria contamination. All affected products contain a "Best if Used By Date" of January 15, 2011.
The following products are affected by this recall:
* Nature's Promise Organic Baby Spinach & Spring Mix, 7 oz., UPC 688267086410
* Nature's Promise Organic Caesar Salad Kit, 10.75 oz., UPC 68826723573
* Nature's Promise Organic Spring Mix, 16 oz., UPC 688267039089
* Nature's Promise Organic Sweet Baby Lettuce, 7 oz., UPC 688267086403
* Nature's Promise Baby Spinach w/ Ranch Dressing & Fork, 3.75 oz. UPC 688267123559
* Nature's Promise Organic Caesar Salad w/ Caesar Supreme Dressing & Fork, 5.75 oz. UPC 688267123566
* Nature's Promise Organic Spring Mix w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressings & Fork, 3 oz. UPC 688267123542
To date, Giant has received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of these products.