Want to start an organic land care business? You’re in luck.
The Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) accreditation course in organic land care is coming to Maine!
The four-day course, hosted by NOFA Connecticut, will be held November 7-10 at the MOFGA headquarters, 294 Crosby Brook Road, Unity, Maine. Details and registration here.
This course is designed for landscapers, lawncare pros, garden caretakers, park and land trust managers, landscape architects, educators, gardeners and just about anyone else interested in learning how to care for properties without synthetic, and often toxic, materials.
At the end of the course you’ll get your NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional (AOLCP) credentials, considered the gold standard for organic landscaper training. Topics covered will include organic lawn and turf care, tree and shrub care, soil health, plant disease, compost and compost tea, storm water management, and much more. You can find the full agenda here.
Benefits to course graduates include:
• Print version of the new edition of the NOFA Standards for Organic Land Care (6th edition), the internationally recognized guide to organic land care practices.
• Use of the NOFA Organic Land Care logo for promotional materials and websites
• Use of the respected AOLCP credential for use with potential clients and employers. This shows that you have learned the Standards for Organic Land Care by NOFA, the leading organic land care training organization.
• An optional listing on a searchable website where clients look for organic landcare pros near them. Check it out at http://nofa.organiclandcare.net
• Discounts on other NOFA OLC courses and other affiliates gatherings
• Networking with a community of highly trained organic professionals.
• The support of NOFA - an organization whose mission it is to promote organic lawns, gardens and landscapes.
The $695 course fee includes 30 hours of training, great lunches plus coffee and refreshments throughout the day. Payment plans are available.
Have employees? Register three or more people for just $600 each.
Questions? Want to see referrals? Call the CT NOFA office, 203-308-2584, or email Jeremy Pelletier, at email@example.com.
Don’t miss out!
- Katherine, for the OCA Team