You’ve got a 50-50 chance of getting a cancer diagnosis in your lifetime. This despite the fact that since Nixon declared a “war on cancer” 45 years ago, more than $120 billion has been spent trying to find a cure.
In his new book, “Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy,” Dr. Joseph Mercola says your best defense against cancer, and a host of other diseases, is to focus on your diet.
According to Mercola, when you eat too many sugars and carbs without fiber, along with too much protein, you can ignite a "cascade of metabolic events" that includes:
• Widespread inflammation and cellular damage, especially your mitochondria, or your cells’ power factories
• Faster aging and a greater risk of all cancers from the activation of your body’s most important signaling pathway from eating excess protein
• An increase in insulin resistance that can progress to prediabetes or Type 2 diabetes because your cells have lost their ability to respond to insulin effectively
• Overeating due to the loss of control over your appetite and knowing when you’re “full”
• An inability to lose weight because your body is holding on to fat instead of burning it for fuel
Mercola’s book will be available soon. Order it now and get six bonus gifts.